بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيم
Bismi-llāhi r-raḥmāni r-raḥīm In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
Notes – Monday 4th Feb 2022
Allah عَزَّ وَجَلَّ Prestigious and Majestic has given us infinite blessings of which we can never thank him enough of and one of the blessing is the month of Rajab. The first of the sacred month in Islam before Ramadan comes in, it is Rajab, Shaban and Ramadan. It is the beginning of the spiritual season of Islam.
The Prophet ﷺ (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam, May Allah honor him and grant him peace) said Rajab is Allah’s جل جلالہ (Jalla Jalāluhu Allah the Most Exalted) month, Shaban is the Prophet ﷺ and Ramadan is the month of the Ummah (Paraphased hadith) . In this world we are like the Prince and Princess trapped in a cell in which our real kingdoms are 10 times larger than this world where we will reside forever أَن يَشَاءَ اللَّهُ.
‘Rajab, is the month of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ (subḥānahu wa-taʿālā Glorified and Exalted), Shaban is the month of Rasulullah ﷺ and Ramadan is the month of the ummah’ – this means, when Rajab kicks in, one should begin to correct his relationship with Allah عَزَّ وَجَلَّ. Begin to fulfil rights of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ which is due on him and also make amends of any missed duties. Shaban is when someone should begin to correct the relationship with the Prophet ﷺ, learn about him and love him. Then in Ramadan a person should begin fulfilling the rights of the creation.
In the ancient times, when there used to be chaos and fighting people decided they will have one month in which there will be no fighting and chaos; this was the month of Rajab in which they decided not to fight and cause chaos so that people can do their umrahs and other religious duties in peace.
– Getting involved in petty things is a sign of a person with petty mind.
– In Sura Naba (the news) Allah عَزَّ وَجَلَّ mentions the big news, what is the big news? It is the news of the day of Judgement which should be the cause of our work in this world, how we will recieve our records, not getting into petty squabbles.
Connection of Rajab to great Islamic events:-
1. In the month of Rajab it was the time when the parents of the prophet ﷺ got married.
2. It was also in this month the best of creation was present in the noble body of the blessed mother of the prophet ﷺ.
3. It was in this month the prophet ﷺ went to miraj as well.
How did Syyiduna Abu Bakr رضي الله عنه (Raḍiya ’llāhu ‘an-hu May Allah’s mercy and blessing be upon him) get such closeness to Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ and the prophet ﷺ?
– When a millionaire comes to town or is in the local vicinity people want to rush and meet him to learn how to become a millionaire as well. This was the mentality of the companions of the prophet ﷺ in wanting to get the closeness of Allah جل جلالہ always. So when they asked him, he replied reluctantly (as he was humble):-
There are 12 steps which he mentioned
1. PURITY OF INTENTION
Whenever he was with the messenger of Allah ﷺ his only relationship was based on a pure intention of wanting to know about Allah عَزَّ وَجَلَّ and his beloved ﷺ. This is why the relationship with the Prophet ﷺ and Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ was pure and lasted forever. The real worship begins when there is no need of you, you worship Allah جل جلالہ out of love, this is to love Allah عَزَّ وَجَلَّ for Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ.
Whenever one attends to anything a person should ensure the intentions are pure and checked why he is doing something.
To be continued..