Stairs to the pleasure of Allah.
Monday – discourse notes 07/05/12
Amongst the Muslims there are two kinds of people. One category is they do not know the reality of life. They are only following the majority of the crowd. As the saying goes they get lost in the crowd and can’t find their ways out.
Secondly, there are those who do know and try themselves to rectify their situations. These people know how to change but cant because they don’t have a way to change. They want Allah to change them.
– The question is how does Allah want people to change?
This is done by the means and situations Allah creates in which he wants people to change – a catalyst.
For example; A person may attend a pious gathering – this may be the opportunity for a person to change. As it is not by coincidence a person attends or does good. This is one of the way Allah wants us, me and you to change. – A pull from Allah to turn to him.
There are other ways in which Allah (swt) pulls a person to him. – a catalyst he uses to take a person to him. This is through diseases/illnesses/marital problems etc. These are indications and pulls from Allah to help us to change and turn to him. – a person may be having marital problems, be in a business crises, these are god sent signs to turn to him. We are not prophets, so this means we will not recieve revelations.
– How does Allag (swt) then communicate with you? – this is through the crises and blessings we get. When we see or are in a marriage problem, Allah is in fact saying ‘look you did all this for your wife/children and now they left you. You have no one to turn to. Understand that and realise the nature of this temporal world!’. Or, it may be we had a best friend and now he has turned against you.
[These are clear signs Allah shows us of the temporal nature of this world. All relations and friendships can change for the worser if they are not for Allah and only him!]
The second way he (swt) wants us to change is he shows us a clear and apparent way to change. It may be he (swt) presents different schools of purification to us to choose from and to change. – those that are on the truth and sunnah.
The question is now how to change?
Remember Boone can force you to change. That is upto you. All the mashaykhs and Awliyah do is only give you the power to change.
– Allah says that he sends small signs for a person to change before he sends the big signs (punishments) to change. All the illnesses and diseases of this world are small signs compared to the bigger signs in the hereafter. If we don’t see the hidden messages in these smaller signs then Allah will send a big/ final ultimatum to change, that being the death and punishments in hell!
– there is no eastern or western life styles. Only the shaitanic or prophetic life styles.
The steps to change:
1) The first step is to correct ones the beliefs – what do you believe? Do you believe only this life exists? Correcting ones belief.
2) The knowledge – knowing how to do the injunctions of Islam. The dos and donts.
3) Having the will and resilience to repent – learning how to repent and turn to Allah.
4) Then it is to strive, striving in abstaining from sins/ disobedience of Allah.
This then will allow you to enter the door to change. And lead you though the doors of purification of the organs of the body, mind, heart & soul.