Sunday 16th October 2011
One Day Hajj Intensive
Everyone knows Allah is the most merciful and kind. Yet, this does not mean that me and you can do anything we want and attain paradise. Yes, Allah is the most kind and merciful. However, only to those who turn to him every time after their sins sincerely. Just like Allah is the giver of life. It does not mean that a person can eat/drink poison and then still claim nothing will happen to him. Since he is the giver of life. No, the person has not fully understood what the quality of Allah is.
– The person who performs an accepted (mabrur) hajj. The only reward for him is paradise! This means only the hajj which has been accepted. How do we know of it’s been accepted?
The signs of an accepted hajj.
The prophet (saw) taught us and told us that if there are 4 signs to any hajj then that is an accepted hajj.
1) in that hajj, there is no kabir (major) sin. Even the minor ones, one must try and avoid them. A hajj where there is minimal mistakes. – one must be in a state of remorse and regret of his sins. – maintain a good manner, i.e do not try and raise your voice to much.
– if we are told to attend the presence of the prophet (saw) in madinah with extreme respect, calmness, good manners. Then what to say about going in the presence of Allah? Surely, we must have extra caution and care. – people who fight there in haram. It Is like fighting in the presence of Allah.
2) the person who does a hajj which does not have showing off. Boasting to people of how many hajj s/he has done.
– A person who is going to go hajj. He should make an intention before he goes, that he will not show off there or before he goes.
3) A hajj which a person does, after which he completely, or to his best attempts tries to leave committing sins.
– A person must do sincere tawbah. i.e A person who changes completely, which is in essence what the big tawbah (hajj) is.
For example a person who does tawbah should change. Change his ways from the evil ways to the pious ways.
4) A hajj in which after the completion a person’s world view changes. He makes it his priority to secure his hereafter. From that of the life of the dunya. He thinks and works for the hereafter.
So, there are 4 signs of an accepted hajj. Two before going and two after.
2) Just like a receiver needs to be working properly inorder to receive the radio/TV signals similarly it is also the same case with our bodies. We need to have our bodies in correct working order, spiritually in tuned to receive the blessings of Allah and his prophet (saw). A person must get ready to receive the blessings before s/he goes. Start working on your bodies on stopping from committing the sins of the body. Before you go to do hajj or umrah. Then you will see the benefits – the golden rule to the acceptance of any act/worship is:
1) a person must do it only for Allah
2) he must be doing the act of worship according to the prophet (saw). Which means we cannot make up our own acts of worship which is contrary to the way of the prophet (saw). For example instead of praying 3 fard Salah, a person prays 4!
Fiqh of hajj:
3 types of people who do hajj:
1) people who come from outside the haram area/the miqat areas. 2) people who live in haram
3) people who do hajj from living at the point of wearing the clothes of ihram. From the area of miqat.
– People who come from outside MUST wear the ihram before they enter the designated area of haram. If they fail to do so, a compensation will have to be made. For example a sacrifice!
– A person who even intends to commit a sin in the haram It will be counted as committing the sin itself. Although it’s juts a thought.
Outside the haram in normal countries like here in the UK people are not held into account by Allah if they plan to do a sin in the mind. However, a person is (like I mentioned earlier) in the haram.
Fard of hajj:
1) wearing the ihram with intention and saying the talbiyah once. 2) staying in arafat. Even for a little time.
3) tawaf ziyarah.
Just like in Salah you have to do a sajdah saff, if you miss a wajib act. Likewise you have to do it for hajj aswell. It is to give a dam. If you MISTAKENLY miss a wajib of hajj.
1) staying in Mina
2) to stay in muzdalifah
4) cutting hair.
5) running between safa and marwah – part of tawaf ziyarah
6) final tawaf
Hajj ifrad- only doing hajj. Not doing umrah. When the ihram is worn, it will stay until after hajj. – no need to do sacrifice for this type of hajj.
Hajj tamatu – wearing ihram for umrah, then taking it off after umrah. Then wearing it again on the 8th until the end of hajj
Hajj qiran – wearing the ihram for umrah and hajj both with the same ihram. Imam abu hanifah says this hajj is the most rewarding. A person can do any of the above.
There is two different types of sacrifices:
1) is for hajj.
2) is for eid. – this is for people who are rich and can afford.
People who are travelling and staying less than 15days they do not have to do the sacrifice for eid.
– ihram is not the name of the clothes. It is the intention one makes and the condition for which s/he enters as a consequence of making such intention.
– you come into the state of ihram when you have made the intention and said the talbiyah at least once.
– for hajj, one can do saee before one goes to mina on the 8th. Then do the remaining tawaf for tawaf ziyarah, once the pelting of the stones has been finished.
One day hajj intensive.pdf
Servant of Allah.