Watching the champions league semi finals between Barcelona and real Madrid. I had realised also how on an individual level we all are playing our own champion leagues.
Let me explain, there are many who say why should we act in the sunnah or the wajibat of islam. Well, like a football team each aspect and part of the team is vital for success.
1) The goal keeper is our iman.
2) The defence is our faraid (obligatory) aspects of islam.
3) The mid field are our wajibat (compulsory) aspects of islam.
4) The Strickers in the team are the sunnah (optional) aspects of islam.
5) Our coach/manager of the team is the prophet (sallahuali’wa’salam) who is watching the match we are playing from the dug out -(the bench)
6) The team (medial team) with the coach are the companions who are also watching us play our match against the shaitan, from the bench with the coach. (the prophet, sallahu’alihi’wasalam).
7) The referee is the dheen (islam) itself making sure that we are always playing the game by the rules in the book.
The spectators in the stadium (the world) are of the awliyah and the saliheen, those that have passed away and those from the present. They are sitting on our side of the stadium. The side on which we are playing our match. Wishing us success and supporting us.
On the other side of the stadium are the supporters of the shaitan and his army. Supporting and cheering them.
Now everyone knows when one of the part of the team is non existent. The team will be doomed for failure. This is the same case with dheen aswell. When one aspect of the dheen we leave behind and neglect it as unnecessary. Then we are bound to fail. As our opposing team Is the shaitan and the nafs. When we will not act on the sunnah it is like the football team without any Strickers. Or, if in our team we do not have the mid field I.e we do not act on the wajibat of islam it is like a team without the mid field.
It is clear the opposing team will have no trouble in scoring against us. Because when the shaitain scores against us it will be like us losing our iman finally. As once it gets passed our goal keeper (our iman) then we will lose the game of life.
That is why it is vital that we have each part of the team. I.e act on each of the sunnah, wajibat, and faraids of islam and therefore do not neglect any aspect of it. Our manager (the prophet sallahuali’wa’salam) and his medical team (the companions) are very anxious for us to successed.
The manager is standing on the sidelines and directing the team. however unfortunately we are not listening to him and the team is doing its own activity. Totally ignoring the manager.