As the title suggests itself, the following is a compilation on the most inspirational personalities who have influenced my life. Mostly a dedcation to them for shaping my life the way it currently is. Alhamdulillah.
“The one who has not thanked the creation, has not thanked Allah”. these pharaphased words are what Allah (subhanAllahu’wa’tala) says to us. As we have recieved it from the blessed Al Habib (sallahu’alihi’wa’salam). In the light of these words i would like to dedicate this post to the inspirational speakers (shuyukhs) from whom i have and still do benefit from. Instilling the love of dheen, he sunnah, the ambiyah and the Awliyah in my heart and continually keeping the flame of love ignited. Primarly, the first and foremorst being my Shaykh, Shaykh Syyidi Ahmad Dabbagh. For whom i am truely indebted to. Then followed by the other shuyukhs.
Top Ten Inspirational Speakers in my opinion: (Altough the Ulema cannot be ranked nor they should be, i just did this to show the ones who have a greater influence in my life than others)
10) Moez Masoud: Although he is not a scholar per say. Nonetheless he has some meterial in him that is worth listening to.
9) Muhammad Al Sharif: Although he is of a different school of thought. (Asalafiyah) His lectures especially on the seerah are beautiful.
8 ) Shaykh Abdul Hakim Murad: A well educated man, who as a result is a bit difficult to understand at times. Nevertheless, the analogies he uses to explain things are good.
7) Shaykh Khalid Yasin: Powerful man who delivers talks in a unique way. Well worth.
listening. From the school of (Asalafiyah)
6) Shaykh Ibrahim Osi-Efa: His approach to delieving speeches are a clear example of his love for deen. He gives beautiful insights into the life of the prophet (sallahu’alihi’wa’salam) at times.
5) Imam zaid Shakir: Great man delivering thoughtful, ‘to the point’ and entertaining talks.
4) Imam Shiraj Wahaj: Excellent talks always a refreshing source to use/listen to. A leading light for the NY Muslims. From the school of (Asalafiyah)
3) Shaykh Ahmad Ali: A scholar from uk. Who has the great ability to link with his audience.
2) Shaykh Hamza Yusuf: A great scholar who needs no introduction. Highly recommended are the series on the life of the prophet (sallahu’alihi’wa’salam) based on Martin lings book ‘muhammad’ based on the earliest sources to listen- simply splendid.
1) The highlight and the most leading of personalities to have influenced and who continues to influence my life is my beloved Shaykh. Shakyh Syyidi Ahmad . – For continually inspiring all those who listen to him.