Its been a while I’ve been meaning to write this. After doing some introspection, i came to realise that the number of blessings bestowed upon me are countless. Allah (subhanAllah’hu’wa’tala) truly has blessed me. They say that Imam Sharani (rahim’ullah) wrote a full book, in which he dedicated towards numbering the blessings he has been given. The most prominent ones according to him. He begins by allowing the readers to understand how the sunnah of Allah (subhanAllah’hu’wa’tala) operates. Behind the scenes of nature, every problems/situations and happiness is the hand of Allah. Always there blowing life into lifeless beings, and creating situations. Much like of the scenes in a movie created by the director. In the same light, this is my attempt to put ‘words to pen’ in appreciation of the blessings of Allah on me. The following is a list which highlights the most influential people who have been, and are constantly in my life. Who have in a sence shaped my life the way it currently is, and i am extremely grateful to Allah for this. In enabling me to appreciate Allah (subhanAllah’hu’wa’tala) as my lord, and the prophet (sallahu’alihi’wa’salam) as my prophet.
- My shaykh – for the countless words of naseehah and the deep thought provoking explanations on the realities of the dunya. Therefore allowing me to keep focus and steadfast (how ever much i can) on the dheen.
- Haunyahya – for the useful, easy to understand books on scientific, deep thinking and on morality issues.
- My brother – for introducing me to the beauties of the islamic morals/values/beliefs/cultures/classical shuyukhs, ultimately leading to my shaykh. As well as support when going through difficult situations
- Shaykh Hamza Yusuf – for presenting a clear and appealing version of islam. Free from the sectarian issues and the culturally ‘shaped’ versions of islam, prevalent in the Indian subcontinent.
- Shaykh Siraj Wahaj – for the energising talks and speeches
- My other brother – for his akhlaq in overlooking my many mistakes. As well as support when going through difficult situations
- Parents – for being the extra ordinary parents, who show unwavering love and help even at this stage of my life.
- My Quran Teacher – for giving me the tools to read the words of the almighty.
- My sister – for the sisterly love. As well as support when going through difficult situations
- The brotherhood – for the good company, aiding me to free my self from being idle for most of the time, hence being able to be continually busy my self living life. Creating a mind free being the shaytan’s workshop. – (well sometimes, if not most of the times. :-)).
- Various Islamic multimedia meterials. – for continually refreshing my beliefs and goals in life.
Alhamdulillah, for all the things i have.