The best product on the market!
Monday 14th May 2012 – Discourse Notes:
In this world we live in, and the people we interact with are trying to sell us something. – marketing something, parents for example want to seek you a have better worldly life, a better future.
(a very few also help secure your hereafter, but mostly your worldly life). Some friends that are bad are trying to sell you worldly assets, cars, house etc. where as other friends want to sell you drugs so that they can fill their pockets with money to buy a flashy car, house etc. Shaitan is also trying to sell you his package/product (buy giving you all the pleasures of the world) and buy the hereafter in return from you. – A business transaction.
The wife/husband is also trying to sell you their comforts. If they do not receive comforts from you then the wife/husband is unhappy! All of them -(categories of people) are trying to in essence suck the blood out of you. The worst are those who try and sell you drugs. The people who do this are the worst, as they are destroying families and friends. A father is lost to drugs, a friend is lost. In that the children no longer have a father figure to look to as their father is now a drug addict. He is not a father! They are like orphans, even worse off. As the children who are orphans, they sometimes have good a mother who can cover for the loss. At times thaws orphans also look up-to the work left by their fathers. Whereas the drug addict is completely lost, in this world and the next. His children no longer have any role model or anything to look forward to.
- Similarly those fathers/Mothers who have lost their children to drugs. It is as if their children have died! Due to the fact that they are no longer receiving any benefit from them. – the love, care and kindness.
It was the promise of the devil who said he will buy the hereafter of the people. In return for offering all the pleasures of the dunya to them. – A sacrifice, one for the other! it will be a means to leading people astray.
Allah (swt) and the prophet (saw) are also trying to sell you something. But, this is without any ulterior motives or needs. This is the better life of this world and the hereafter.
- Remember everyone has a death sentence looming above their heads! We hear news of people being sent to the gallows, the newspapers and media are always reporting it. A judgement given by the judges. Allah (swt) who is the best of judges, has given a judgement to all of us! This death sentence can be turned around and made into a gift. Issued by the judge, how? By having firm conviction on the shahadah. The prophet (saw) said; death is a gift to the believers. (paraphrased)
- the irony of democracy is it says ‘do what you like. We have freedom’. However, when someone kills, rapes or hurts others they are reprimanded. This is why religion has not given unrestrained freedom to people. It has to be in a controlled environment. Then only freedom can co-exist with others, without harming, or killings others. In reality the person who says ‘I am free’ is in actual fact become a slave to his egos.
“the heart of every problems, is the heart itself”. – A parable, to explain that the human heart is the cause of every problem on earth. – The main cause (heart) of the problems in the world.
- Human desires are unlimited in an limited world. So, how can we fulfill them here? A king who rules the world will still have desires which are not fulfilled. A glass which is filled to the top cannot be filled continuously in one go. As it has reached its limits. Likewise for unlimited desires you need a unlimited place to fulfill them.
- all the activities of the servants can become worship with the right intention.
- the reasons why there were gaps in the coming of prophets on earth was because Allah did not send prophets at times when the vast majority of people were on the right path. Simply because there was no need for prophets to remind people of the hereafter. As they already were focused on that. Once they slowly began to move away from this and become rebellious. Thats when the prophets came. – At the time when people were getting lost and forgetting the right beliefs.
So, if anyone has gone down the wrong way, drawn a wrong picture. Turn to Allah and he can wipe your slate clean.
- There are four witnesses to a persons sins:
3) own organs
4) books – the books of deeds.
When someone repents, these four categories are made to forget by Allah. So, these do not stand against you on the day of judgement. Just look at the mercy of Allah!